Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Review on the Clinique eye cream

So I have dark circles, because I don't sleep as much as I should and about a month ago I decided to buy a Clinque eye cream b/c I heard and read good reviews on Clinique and this product.

Clinque has many eyecreams and I'm pretty sure this is the one I bought: which is ~$30 i think


I wanted to reduce my dark circles, and help prevent wrinkles and fine lines.

Sad to say, this product did not work for me =(

After washing my face, the moment I put it around my eyes (eyelids and underneath eyes), it started stinging immediately.
At first I wasn't sure what to do, and I was wondering if it was just me or my skin just not used to a product. B/c clinique said this was for all skin types.
So I decided to keep on using it for a few days, but everytime I put it on, it still stung =(
and I even woke up in the morning with puffy pinkish eyes =/
so i returned it, and actually bought another eye cream, which I will post in my next review!

So while there are good reviews for this product online, I recommend caution for people with very sensitive skin. The people at Sephora actually told me, b/c Clinique uses certain subtances in their products, they are actually still considered cosmetics and not really skin care.
I am no professional, but this was my experience with that particular eye cream, if it works for you, then great! =)

On a side note, I even bought and tried Clinique's extra mild facial cleansers, the new type that comes in a misty green bottle pump, and that made my skin burn the moment I put it on. >_<

So, I probably won't be buying Clinique's products anytime soon, they are also on the pricey side and for now, I'm not willing to risk it!

No comments:

Post a Comment