Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Review on Oshima Tsubaki Camellia Hair Care Oil

Hi Everyone!

Today I am reviewing the Oshima Tsubaki Camellia Hair Care Oil 
This product can be found online at Amazon for $18.40 with prime shipping and contains 60mL or 2 oz. of product.
It is said that this product is 100% natural, made from the Tsubaki, or Camellia flower and has oleic acids that are extremely compatible with our own skin.
DirectionsMassage a few drops into damp clean hair ends to nourish dry hair, split ends, and dull strands. Style as usual.

What do I think of this product?
I bought this product about 5 months ago, but I did not use it during the summer because the summer heat makes my hair more oily than normal and I didn't want to put it in my hair at the time.
I started using this when the weather got colder and drier.
This product is great for re-hydrating dry hair and protecting it from dry weather. It makes my hair very soft, smooth and shiny! I also think that it helps strengthen my hair, especially the more brittle ends. Also this product does not irritate my skin and is fragrance free!
A little goes a long way, and I mean it! This is a very intense oil for hair care, a few drops is definitely enough for the lower third of my hair.
I do follow the directions to put it into damp clean hair, because it protects my hair from the heat when I am blow drying it. However this does work well in clean dry hair too! Just make sure to start off with very small amounts and spread it well by brushing it out.
For the best even overall application, put a few drops into the palm of your hand, rub your hands together to spread the product all of your hands. Then massage and comb your hands through the lower part of your hair. Finally use a brush to brush your hair, starting at the ends and gradually brushing higher. This way you spread the product in your hair better and most of the oil is kept at the ends of the hair, where hair is the oldest, driest, and most damaged.
At most, put the oil in the lower half of your hair, and only near the ends if you have shorter hair that is closer to your face. You do not want the oils to stick onto your face and make your face oily and sticky.
The only problem that some people may have with this product is that you do need to use your hands to apply, and because the oil is so strong, it is a bit difficult to wash the oil off your hands. I personally don't mind because I wear disposable latex gloves whenever I use this product, so after application, I'll just throw away the gloves.

Do I recommend this product?
If you don't mind the application process (which may take some time or need of washing oil off your hands), then I recommend this product! Just please remember to start off with very little product. This is not like most oils and serums for the hair, a little is enough for a lot of hair! 
I can use a quarter size of l'occitane hair oil, no problem, and it makes my hair soft, and shiny. But if I use the same amount or even half that amount with the Tsubaki hair oil, my hair will become a greasy mess!
Because you use so little product, this oil will last you a very long time! And I find it pretty affordable for the amount. 

I hope this review was helpful to you! Feel free to write any questions or comments in the comment box below! Thank you for reading! I will see you later! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment