Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Products I regret buying =(

Hi guys!

Today I am talking about a couple of products I regret buying =/, oh well things happen. But it's okay, that's why I'm here to tell you about them!

The Face Shop's Rice Water Bright Cleansing Foam
This sells on Amazon for about $1, but you have to pay for shipping which is around $7. It contains 150mL of product.
This facial cleanser is said to be for all skin types. It works into a foamy lather and is said to hydrate and brighten the skin after cleansing.

What do I think of this product?
I heard a lot about this product online and I decided to try it. The cleanser did not damage or irritate my skin or the sensitive areas of my skin. It did foam up a lot into a rich lather and is a very gentle cleanser.
My skin did feel well hydrated after using this product. I am not sure about brightening because I did not see much of a difference compared to before, when I did not use this product.
What made this product a miss for me was the fragrance. After cleansing and  washing off the foam, it does not leave the fragrance smell on my face. BUT, while washing my face, I felt that the fragrance was too strong for me. The smell is a mixture of sweet perfume and baby lotion, which is something I don't really like. But what really made me dislike the product was how strong it was while I was washing my face. It just was something that personally bothered me and that I could not deal with. If the fragrance was not as strong, I probably would not have minded.
I don't wash my face with this product just because the fragrance is too strong for me. I now use this product as a body wash so I won't waste it.

Do I recommend this product?
If you do not mind fragrances or like sweet smelling fragrances, then you may disregard my personal thoughts and I recommend this product to you. It is soft, gentle, foaming, and cleanses well while hydrating the skin.
However, if you don't like fragrances, or strong fragrances bother you or irritate your nose or give you headaches, I do not recommend this product.

Sasa's Sasatinnie 4D Hot Lash Mascara
Sasa's own brand, Sasatinnie, came out with this new mascara. It cost $16.50 on Sasa's website. I bought this in Taiwan for about the same price. It is said to be a clump-free volume-plumping formula.

What do I think of this product?
I recently have been looking for mascaras that curl my lashes up. I really don't like using eyelash curlers because they end up taking 1 or 2 lashes off my eyes and damaging the others over time.
The lady at the store told me that I did not need to use an eyelash curler for this specific mascara. She told me that this mascara was designed to curl the lashes with its special curling formula.
So I bought it and gave it a try.
Reality was that it did not do much curling for my lashes. at most, it lifted up the ends of my eyelashes slightly upward, which was not noticeable, and did not lift up eyelashes from the roots. Also, I tend to get smudging on the outer ends of my eyes because the main part of my eyelashes were still pointing down.
I tried all sorts of ways, such as not building up the mascara on the eyelashes, so I wouldn't weigh them down (so only going through the lashes 2 times at most). I used tissue to take off excess mascara from the wand. But nothing worked. I did not try using an eyelash curler because first I did not want to and second, that would defeat the purpose of this product.
Based on the fact that I was told that this mascara would curl my lashes without an eyelash curler, I did not thing that this mascara did that, and therefore failed its purpose.
Also, it does not really add much length or volume to my lashes, if so, then it lengthens just a little. It does make them black and does not clump which is good, but my eyelashes look pretty much the same after use.

Do I recommend this product?
If you are looking for a mascara that lifts up and curls your lashes without using an eyelash curler, I do not recommend this mascara, doesn't really do anything.
As for those who do use an eyelash curler, I cannot say because I have not used an eyelash curler for this product, so I don't know how well it works. But I can tell you that the look it will give you is not very dramatic, since it does not add much volume or length.

So I hope this review was helpful to you! Feel free to write any comments or questions in the comment box below! Thank you for reading and I will see you soon! ^o^

No comments:

Post a Comment