Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Review on Essential Rich Premier Treatment for Hair

Hi Everyone!

I hope your week is going well. And if you are in the UC system in California, this is the first week of school, yay! =P

Today I am reviewing the Essential Rich Premier Treatment
It contains 400mL of product. It costs $7.80 at the Sasa online store and is between $10-14 in stores in the US. You can find this in stores such as Takashima, Marukai, and Mitsuwa.
This product is said to treat all hairtypes and hair that is very dry and damaged from heat, dyes, perms, etc. It is said to help repair hair, and give extra strength, moisture, and shine.
Directions: Apply to shampooed hair. Massage gently. Rinse thoroughly.

What do I think of this product?
So, I really really like the Essential Rich Premier Ultra Honey & Shea Butter hair mask (which I still have and use), however I wanted to try this product for two reasons. First, I just wanted to try something else from the same brand. Second, hair mask cost in the US started to skyrocket! It rose to $22 and is now $27 which is a ridiculous price. I don't mind buying from Sasa (which is much cheaper) but shipping, shipping costs, or free shipping with a certain minimum is annoying.
This is a very creamy product that has a strong flowery and fruity fragrance. I really like the smell of this product. I also really like the container. It is a squeezable tube that dispenses easily and cleanly. It is less messy than the Essential Rich Premier hair mask which comes in a jar and I need to use my hands to scoop product out and then have a hard time screwing the lid back on. (all while in the shower =P)
So, I really wanted make this product work. However, it did not give me the results that I wanted. I have very long hair which is quite old and dry at the ends. I was hoping that this would produce the same results as the hair mask version, however, it was not enough. =( To me, this is similar to a deep conditioner. It is in between a moisturizing conditioner and a hair mask. It still helps my hair and makes it soft and shiny but not as soft or healthy as the hair mask.
For the hair mask I would need to use only 1-2 times per week for shiny soft hair, and for this product I would probably need to use it 3-4 times per week for the same results.
Overall, I am happy that it is cheaper in the US and still does good to my hair, strengthening it and giving it softness and shine. However, it is not strong enough for my purposes. I am not sure if I will buy it again. I am currently finishing my second bottle, (I bought the 2nd one to try to make this product work for me) and I will not repurchase anytime soon. However, I am considering to get this when I travel because the container is much more travel-friendly than the hair mask version.

Do I recommend this product?
I recommend this product if your hair is normal to somewhat dry. This will definitely do the job for you. However, if your hair is very dry and/or damaged, I would suggest a stronger product such as the Essential hair mask or the Shiseido hair mask.

I hope you found this review helpful! Feel free to comment or ask any questions in the comment box below! Thanks and I will see you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Nice balanced review! Thanks for the tips! Sometimes I find products are too rich for my hair and leave it heavy so I must look out for this one!

    Lorraine x
    http://lollikelly.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete