Friday, September 13, 2013

I'm Back! and Review on Almay Eye Makeup Remover Pads

Hi Everyone!!!!

How are you all? I am so glad to be back!
Thank you for waiting for me!!!! ^o^

Quick update on life, it was very very hot and humid where I live around August and early September and the heat finally broke earlier this week! So happy! It's time for fall and fall outfits!

Today I am reviewing the Almay Eye Makeup Remover Pads

Almay sells a variety of makeup remover pads and the image shown above is the specific one that I bought from Almay.
I bought this product at Target for about $6 and it contains 80 makeup removing pads.
It is said to be hypoallergenic and fragrance free.

What do I think of this product?
So I have recently bought flight tickets to Taiwan and Japan which I am going to for winter break!!! yay! And so I have been looking for travel beauty supplies, one of them being a good eye makeup remover. This is because I don't like to deal with liquid makeup removers when I am traveling, especially on long flights; anything can happen and I don't want any leaking or spilling. Eyemakeup remover pads are a great way to contain the liquid in cotton pads which is very portable and easy to use.
So these pads do not irritate my eyes. They have a baby wipe smell, but no added fragrance. They are decently good at removing my waterproof eyemakeup as well.
However, I do not like the residue that these pads leave on my eye. The main ingredient is mineral oil, and mineral oil is a very slippery oily substance. After removing my makeup with these pads, it leaves an oily residue that looks and feels very greasy which I do not like. =/
I do wash my face anyway after removing my makeup, which helps get rid of the oil on my eyes, however, I just do not like how it feels after I remove my eye makeup. Because of this, I stopped using them and will not repurchase them.

Do I recommend this product?
If you do not mind mineral oil on your eyes or you have very very dry skin around your eyes, then perhaps this product will work better for you. It is affordable, easy to find, and takes off waterproof eye makeup with ease. However, it did not work for me because of the greasy residue of the mineral oil.

So I hope this review was helpful to you! Feel free to ask questions or comment in the comment box below! Thanks for reading and I will see you soon! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment