Monday, July 15, 2013

Review on "Milani" Runway Eyes eyeshadow palette in 07 "Ready to Wear"

Hi Everyone!

I hope you are enjoying your summer! I am trying to XP.

Today I am reviewing on the "Milani" Runway Eyes in 07 "Ready to Wear"

This product can be found at any drugstore like CVS, or at Ulta. This product costs about $8 and contains 6 shades that are supposed to be complementary to one another.

What do I think of this product?
So I wanted to try this palette out because I heard a lot of people liked it. I chose "Ready to Wear" for its more natural and everyday shades of browns and golds.

This palette contains 2 matt shades and 4 shimmer shades.
From top to bottom in the palette (as shown in the image above).
1) A very dark matt brown
2) A shimmer bronze-copper
3) A taupe/light-brown matt brown with a warm undertone
4) A shimmer warm yellow gold
5) A shimmer cool light gold
6) A shimmer very pale yellow-white

I like all the colors in the palette and I think they are very wearable and flexible for any skin color and for day or night makeup. The eyeshadow formulas are very soft and silky. They are easy to blend and do not clump. All the colors work with one another very well and I can do a variety of looks and combinations with these eyeshadows.

However, applying on the eyeshadows dry, they are not very pigmented. Especially the matt light-brown taupe is hard to get color on the lid, even with an eye primer. However, a good eyeshadow primer does help make the colors more pigmented. The most pigmented was the shimmer warm gold, a very beautiful and bright yellow gold.
I have not tried applying on the shadows wet because that is not how I usually do my makeup. However, if you like applying your eyeshadows wet they will probably be more pigmented.

I personally think that these eyeshadows are not that long lasting. I wore them on a hot summer day with Too Faced eyelid primer and my urban decay setting spray. And at the end of the day, my eyeshadow was pretty smudged and creased, and even melted a little. O_O. I do have oily eyelids which does not help the issue as well. =P
However, on a cooler, dryer day, with eyeprimer, these eyeshadows do last longer, but will still crease near the end of the day for me.

Overall, not a bad eyeshadow palette. It is a drugstore brand and I think it is good for daily use. I prefer my NYX eyeshadows for more long-wearing days and nights because they are more pigmented and last longer. But for a daily thing, no special events, I am fine with wearing this palette. And if I travel around with it and it breaks or gets lost, I won't feel too bad.

Here are some pictures and swatches:





Do I recommend this product?
If you are looking for a cheap, easy to find, average quality eyeshadow palette for everday use. I recommend this palette. I am not saying this is a bad palette. It will work for what you need it for, which is everyday, non-event makeup. Expect creasing to happen at the end of the day. However, if you have oily eyelids like me, this make not work as well for you.
If you are looking for a higher quality, more pigmented and longer lasting makeup palette, I suggest you try something else.

So I hope this review was helpful to you. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to write in the comment box below! Thank you for reading and I will see you later! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment