Saturday, July 20, 2013

Review on Neutrogen Clear Face Liquid-Lotion Sunscreen SPF 55

Hi Everyone!

Today I am reviewing the Neutrogena Clear Face liquid-lotion Sunscreen
This product can be found at Ulta or at any drugstore such as CVS or Walgreens. It costs about $10. This sunscreen is said to be break-out free, oil free, and has an SPF 55 and water-resistant for a max of 80 minutes.

What do I think of this product?
My second bottle of La Roche Posay Fluid sunscreen was running low and I wanted to try something new (and possibly cheaper).
I have used this sunscreen for at least 1 month now. This sunscreen does not really have a fragrance. It does have that normal sunscreen smell but no added fragrance or perfume.
The consistency of this formula is pretty smooth. It is not as light-weight and watery-smooth as my La Roche Posay sunscreen, however, it is smooth and workable enough for my purposes. I am so used to my previous suncreen that I feel it does take a bit more effort to blend the suncreen into the skin of my face so I do not have white patches. However, it is not very thick or creamy. It still has a fluid-like smooth consistency that is not hard to work with.
If I apply too much onto my face, it can feel a little sticky and oily looking. However, overall it does not give me that greasy shiny appearance on my face and is not bad at controlling my oily skin.
This product is pretty long lasting. I apply it once, every morning before I go out and it lasts the entire day. I do not need to reapply and I do not get tanned or darker the entire day. (Though one time I forgot to apply it and I went to go visit my parents, and when I came back I was visibly tanner, my housemates were like omg O_O you got so tanned! T_T)
This sunscreen does not irritate my skin overall. However, it does sting a bit if I exfoliate my skin during cleansing before sunscreen application. And regardless of exfoliation, the sensitive skin on the corners of my nose always sting and burn a little and get red after application. I don't know how I feel about this, because to me, the pain and redness is minor and goes away quickly so it does not bother me that much. But I hope my skin is okay and is not getting hurt or damaged. =/ So far, I do not see or feel any long lasting problems.
Also, this sunscreen does not block my pores or accentuate my pores. I do not get acne or breakout from using this product.
About the water resistance, I have gone to the beach with this sunscreen and reapplied within the 80 minute range and I did not get sunburned so it works! XD

Do I recommend this product?
If you do not have sensitive skin,  I recommend this product as a good sunscreen to try. It has a high SPF, is long lasting, affordable, easy to find, and does not appear to cause acne.
However, if you do have sensitive skin, I advise you to just be cautious and safe. Everyone's skin is different, so even if you also have sensitive skin, it might react (or not react at all) differently than mine. Just keep in mind that it may irritate your skin.

So I hope that you found this review to be helpful! Summer has the sun! But the sun can damage our skin causing more than just a tan but also spots, wrinkles, sunburns, and possibly skin cancer. Protect your skin from the sun and have fun! Also don't forget to not only apply onto your face, but also to your neck and upper chest area!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to write in the comment box below. Thank you for reading and I hope to see you soon! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment