Monday, October 6, 2014

Review on Natural Republic Aloe Vera Gel

Hi Everyone!

Just finished a block exam today, tired. =P Oh yeah, I also broke in a new pair of heeled shoes and my feet are killing me >.<, also I'm eyeing a pile of dishes that need to be washed because I didn't do them during my crazy study weekend.....*sigh* haha

Today I'm reviewing Nature Republic's Aloe Vera Gel
This product cost about $12 on Amazon and contains 300 mL or 10.56 fluid oz of product.
It is said to relax, refresh, and rehydrate skin, especially dry skin.

What do I think of this product?
So, summer in the East Coast, is hot, like Southern CA, but, it's also very very humid. O_O A new thing, it was like being in Asian during the summer (except Asian is a little hotter and more humid where I stay when I go).
So, it was really hot and humid and people outside get all hot, sweaty, and gross. I actually sometimes took a shower when I came back because I felt that miserable. =P
My moisturizers and lotions I used in dry California was not working well with the climate here so I got this product.
So overall I really like this product for my body but not as much for my face. It is fast absorbing, not sticky (in one layer), and feels very cooling and nice. =) It has an aloe/cucumber scent and I like it. The formula is gel and it is clear. It's great for hot, humid summer days, and your skin won't feel as sticky as with heavier or thicker moisturizers. I also really liked this for minor sunburns and my bug bites. (For some reason, I have terrible reactions to insect and mosquito bites here, in Asian the first one is bad and after that they aren't itchy at all, but HERE, my bites get so swollen and painful that they feel like rocks, and would get white because the tissues were so swollen that the blood couldn't get to them, and then I get really bad scarring....T_T) Because the gel is light and cooling, it feels really comforting and calming on irritated skin.
HOWEVER, I am not a doctor or dermatologist (I have not learned about skin stuff yet, but if you want to know about diabetes, nutrition, metabolism and endocrinology I can help with that =P), if you have a bad or severe burn, or if you have bites that cause the tissue to to get damaged with exposed flesh, please go to a doctor! This is not a medicated product and I would not recommend this for open skin and wounds, it would probably hurt a lot if you tried.
Anyway, for my face, I have combination skin so I do have dry areas around my mouth and cheeks so it's not that moisturizing in those areas. And if I start putting on multiple layers, it's better, but then it starts feeling sticky. However, my sensitive skin is not irritated at all. I think for people who have oily or very oily skin, this might work better for them.
But I really like putting this on my body, very cooling and relaxing. =)

Do I recommend this product?
If you have oily or very oily skin, I highly recommend this product. It is light, fast absorbing, and won't feel sticky as long as you don't put on too many layers. I also highly recommend this for your body if you live in an area that is very hot and humid, so your skin won't feel that sticky and gross when you go out.
However, if you have dry skin, this might not be as hydrating for you and you may need to get something with better moisturizing properties.

I hope that this was helpful to you. =) It's getting cold fast here, but I heard that California is experiencing a heat wave now and other tropical areas are still warm, so you can try this! It is very affordable for such a large amount so I think it's a good investment.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to type in the comment box below. Thank you for reading. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment