Saturday, May 18, 2013

Review on ELF Loose Mineral Eyeshadows

Hi Everyone!

Today I am reviewing about some Loose Mineral Eyeshadows from E.L.F.


I wanted to buy a shimmery gold eyeshadow, but it was hard to find which kind of gold color that I would like, so I decided to buy 4 kinds of gold eyeshadows (or at least what I thought that looked like gold eyeshadow from their online pictures).

The ones I bought were:

-Celebrity
-Golden
-Sassy
-Confident


These eyeshadows cost $3 each and contain 0.03 oz or 0.85 grams of product. You can buy this online at the E.L.F. store.


What do I think of these eyeshadows?
So, I have bought E.L.F. eyeshadows before. I previously bought and reviewed the colors "Angelic" and "Partier".
E.L.F. products are known to be very cheap and affordable, and depending on the product, good or bad quality. Very much a hit or miss thing.
Please keep in mind that loose eyeshadow may allow you to pick up more pigment and blend eyeshadows, but it is very very powdery and can make a mess. But as long as you are gentle and careful, there should not be much of a problem.
Overall I really liked all of these eyeshadows. They are all very shimmery and pigmented. With a good eye primer such as Urban Decay or Too Faced, they stay on very well and are long lasting. I can use the lighter shades as an overall lid color and then a darker gold/bronze color on the outer half of my eyes to give more dimension. Their texture is smooth and soft. It is easy to apply and blend on the eye and with other colors.


Celebrity
Celebrity is a yellow more cool-toned eyeshadow color. It may look similar to Golden (next one down), but I think it might be slightly lighter or just a more cooler gold color.




Golden
Golden is a yellow more warm-toned color (especially compared to Celebrity). It is a nice standard gold color.



Sassy
Sassy, to my surprise (because it didn't look like the picture on the E.L.F. website), is a red-brown color. It looks like a reddish copper color on the skin. I was surprised by the redness, but, still a pretty color!



Confident
Confident was also a bit of surprise (because it also didn't look like the picture on the E.L.F. website), is a very dark brown-bronze color. I did not expect it do be that dark, but I like the color and put it to good use!





Here are some pictures and swatches:

Note: Sorry about photo quality. These eyeshadows are very shimmery and reflect and refract a lot of light. I tried to edit it as best as I could to show colors as true as possible. I hope it works!



Do I recommend these eyeshadows?
If you don't mind loose powder eyeshadows and you like really shimmery eyeshadows, then I recommend these eyeshadows. You can also use the lighter gold colors  it to highlight the ball of your eyes or the inner corners of your eyes to make your eyes appear bigger, brighter, and rounder. These colors are great for the summer and fall and give a warm feeling in the winter. They are easy to apply, go on smoothly and are easy to blend!

So I hope this review was helpful! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to write in the comment box below! Thank you for reading and have a great rest of the weekend! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment