Saturday, May 11, 2013

Review on CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous Liquid Foundation

Hi Everyone!

Today I am reviewing the CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous Liquid Foundation!
This foundation costs about $12 and contains 30mL or 1 fluid oz of product.
You can find this at any drugstore or at Ulta.
It is said to be a primer, concealer, and foundation in one with an SPF of 20. Also said to be shine free.

What do I think of this product?
So I first heard of or saw this product on iheartmakeup92's haul youtube video about 3 months ago. And so I decided to get it, because she loved it so much and I wanted a foundation with less SPF so I could wear it at night and not get a ghastly white face when taking flash photography.
I know this might seem like an overdue review, but I don't wear foundation often. I don't wear it every day, maybe at most, once a week or something. So I won't review a foundation until I am comfortable and confident enough to know all about it. =P

Anyway, my color is 832 in nude beige. The color is just a touch lighter than my normal skin color, but it does oxidize a little bit to a slightly darker color after some time, so it works. I might get the 840 in natural beige for summer, since I will get tanner as California gets more sunny. =P

The product is in a glass container, which looks pretty and has a nice weight. I just need to be careful traveling with it, so I don't bang it around and break it. =P But it hasn't broken yet and the glass seems thick and sturdy. Also, a glass container is especially good if you want a bottle of foundation just for home use where it can stand on it's own, etc. The dispense is a pump with a plastic cap. I really like the pump. It is easy to use and I can control how much product I want to dispense. The cap seems a little loose on the bottle, at least to me, but I haven't had any problems with it falling off and product smearing everywhere in my makeup bag or something. So I'm sure it's okay. I would just prefer a tighter cap or a screw on cap.

This product does not seem to irritate or redden my skin or cause breakouts. But please keep in mind that I don't wear foundation often, so I don't know if frequent usage will cause skin irritation or acne.
The foundation has a nice and smooth consistency. It is easy to spread out and blend during application. It comes out as a liquid but actually dries to more of a powder finish. This is great for the oily parts of my face which tend to get oily and shiny, so this foundation helps mattify that. However, for the dry areas on my face, this powder finish can tend to make my face look somewhat too powdery or cakey.
What I end up doing is applying this on my oily T-zone area on my face, and using less product on the dry areas of my face such as my cheeks and chin area to prevent the powdery look. Despite that drawback, I do like this foundation and it is a pretty decent everyday drugstore foundation. It gives good enough coverage for my skin and is easily buildable. It is great for giving me an even complexion and getting rid of redness.

Also, I find that the longer I wear it, the better it looks. Haha, so, what I mean is that, the powder finish of the foundation becomes less powdery looking throughout the day. This may be because eventually the dry areas of my skin do become oily later in the day and after coming into contact with the foundation, the oils and moisture from my face just sort of get absorbed by the powder. Or the oils from my face make the powder damp/wet (so it doesn't look powdery anymore)? And so I end up with a more satin finish. But this is really kind of my own speculation. I don't exactly know why it becomes less powdery throughout the day. =P Sorry. But, I hope my speculation...makes sense? XP

About feel and longevity. This foundation does not feel heavy to me. Maybe it feels a little sticky in the beginning after application, but that goes away soon. And I think that this foundation is pretty long lasting. When I wear it, I don't use a primer underneath so as a primer and foundation I think it works pretty well. It also does not really smear or slide on my face. But at the end of the day, it can settle into my smile lines a little bit and I will get somewhat shiny from the oils from my skin, but I can just mattify it with powder again. Because I do not have a lot of marks, acne, or scars on my face, I can't say how well this works as a concealer. It is buildable and I think it gives light to medium coverage if that is what you are looking for. It is great for making the complexion look balanced and smooth and helps cover redness and random spots like freckles. However, I would not know how well it works as a concealer if you have more imperfections or what not to cover.

Here are a couple of swatches of the foundation:

So this is when I first applied the foundation.


And these are swatches on my arm, and if you look carefully, you can see that the edges of the swatches are turning a bit darker. This is when it is starting to oxidize.

Overall, I think the color matches my skin pretty well. It might look a little pale but my face is paler than my arm and it oxidizes a little darker too, so it fits.

Do I recommend this product?
Overall, I think if you are looking for light to medium coverage and you have oily skin, I recommend this product! It can oxidize and darken a little after application, so please keep that in mind if you want to buy this foundation, and maybe go a shade lighter. If you have normal skin, then it is kind of up to you to decide if you want a powder finish or not. It may or may not look powdery on you. You can always get rid of the powdery look by spraying a little bit of water on your face after applying. If you have dry skin, I do not recommend this product, because it may just look really powdery and flaky on your skin. And of course if you have sensitive skin, make sure the ingredients don't irritate your skin, possibly consult a dermatologist, and go light with the application on the first try. This product does not irritate the sensitive areas of my skin, but everyone is different, and I would prefer to be safe than sorry!

So I hope you liked this review. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to write in the comment box below! Thank you for reading and I will talk to you later! =)

Have a great weekend! ^o^

No comments:

Post a Comment