Monday, January 19, 2015

Review on Make Up Forever Sens' Eyes

Hi Everyone!

For those of you in the US, I hope you had a good 3 day weekend!

Today I am reviewing an eye makeup remover by Make Up Forever: Sens' Eyes
This product can be bought in travel size or full size. The travel size is 30mL or 1.01 fluid oz of product for $10. The full size is 100mL or 3.38 fluid oz of product for $24.
It is said to be for sensitive eyes, waterproof makeup, non-irritating, no fragrance, and mineral oil-free.

What do I think of this product?
So I primarily bought this product because it was said to be oil free. I have been playing around with false lashes for fun and I wanted to remove them with something that was oil free so I could re-use the false lashes without having oil residues on them (otherwise the glue might not stick as well).
I bought the travel version to try it out, because it is cheaper, and also because I am currently traveling more frequently, so a travel-size eye makeup remover is handy.
I really like the container. Not only is it sturdy and leak proof, but it has a pump which allows me to control the amount of product I dispense very well.
It does a good job of removing and cleaning my false lashes (I just apply some on a Q-tip and gently rub on my lashline to remove the glue and makeup) and is great at removing all my other eye makeup as well, including waterproof mascara and water-resistant eyebrow makeup.
The product is a light cream texture, it is not very thin or water-like but it is also not like a heavy cream either. It also does a great job of not drying out the skin around my eyes because it is more cream than liquid. This does not irritate or redden the skin around my eyes. However, I have gotten some in my eye, and let me tell you, it hurts. =/ It stings and I do not like that. It says on the bottle "Tested on sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers/Ophtalmologist-tested". I'm not sure what that means. I guess it's fine with the sensitive skin around my eyes, which is good. But what's the difference with testing a person who has contacts and who doesn't? Do they expect contact lens wears to get some in their eye? Because if they do, then that certainly did not work for me. =P
Overall, I still like this product, it is super great for traveling and does a good job of removing all my eye makeup. I just have to becareful to not get any in my eye, especially when I am removing false lashes or else I'll get stinging eyeballs. =P

Do I recommend this product?
If you are looking for a non-drying, fragrance-free, portable and travel friendly waterproof eye makeup remover, I recommend this, BUT, don't get any in your eyes, it might hurt. =P
If you're the kind of person, like me, who's a bit sloppy and in a rush when removing eye makeup on a daily basis, perhaps this is not the best for you (because you'll likely get it in your eyes) and you might want to try something else.

I know that this has been a long-standing popular product, sorry, I'm a bit late in getting to know it. =P But I am glad that I tried it. I'll probably only use this for removing false eyelashes and when traveling. Otherwise, I'll stick to my either Neutrogena or CVS waterproof eye makeup removers. (The problem with those, is that they are not travel friendly, highly prone to leakage.)

Anyway, I hope this was helpful in some way. =P Let me know if you have any questions or comments in the comment box! Thank you for reading and I will see you next time! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment