Friday, December 12, 2014

Review on Diorshow Iconic Overcurl ;P

Hi Everyone!

Long time no see! I'm sorry for not posting much. If you have not known, I'm in one of my most difficult med courses now, so I really need to focus and my exam is next week!

I will also be flying back to California for the holidays, I was not able to go back for Thanksgiving because $600 tickets for 3 days was not worth it to me. So I will be taking a nice break and I will try to make time to post reviews, but no guarantees, sorry. When you get a break from med courses, you really want that break, because we study at least 6 hours a day and when it gets near exam time, around 10 hours or more.

Anyway, today I am reviewing the Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara!
I do not own this image, thank you to "Prettyshinysparkle"
The full size product contains 0.33 oz of product and costs about $29. Yes, very expensive. I was lucky and got a "free" mini size from Sephora from my Sephora points. (There's no such thing as a free lunch)

What do I think of this product?
This mascara is waterproof and the color is black but not a super black color. It does curl my eyelashes, I applied it to straight lashes and it does curl the ends of my eyelashes upwards, but not the entire eyelash. So, still need to use an eyelash curler. But it does hold a curl very well, all day!
This product does not irritate or redden my eyes or skin around my eyes.
The brush is kind of large, especially for my smaller Asian eyes, but if I'm careful I can make it work. It is also curved which I love! I find it much easier to apply mascara if the wand/brush is curved.
If I zig-zag/wiggle the brush through my eyelashes, the product will not clump or stick my eyelashes together.This product makes my lashes darker and is very good at separating and defining every eyelash. It doesn't give volume to my lashes and does lengthen them, but not as much as I had hoped.
It gives my eyelashes a natural flirty look. I was hoping for something a little more dramatic, as in the lashes a little longer, not too dramatic. But that's okay. My lashes are super soft and fluttery and I really like that.
I've gotten compliments from friends on my mascara on how naturally cute my eyelashes look, which is good. I don't like mascaras that look too obvious and/or dramatic.
I have tried to take pictures, but my camera just does not have good enough definition to show how well this separates and makes my lashes look so nice and flirty. So sorry, I have no pictures. =/
I will say that this being waterproof makes it very long lasting. For most of the day around 8am till 5pm, I only get a little smudging on the outer corners of my eyes and slight flaking. If I keep on wearing it after that, it starts smudging, =(, but I realized that if I use a translucent powder under my eyes, there are very faint smudge marks at the end of the day, like till 9pm.
Overall I really like this mascara. I would not purchase the full size just because first, it's too expensive for my tastes, and second, I'm more of an eyeliner person than a mascara person, and I usually wear eyeliner with no mascara. But for a lazy or busy day or when I want to look more natural, I'll use this without eyeliner and it looks great! Makes me still look fresh, awake, and cute. ;P

Do I recommend this product?
If the price is not a problem to you, I recommend this product! Just remember it is waterproof, so you need an appropriate makeup remover for it and that the brush is quite large so careful not to poke yourself. But it makes my lashes naturally longer, well separated, and flirty and is long lasting!
If this product is out of your budget, try to get a sample or mini size if you are a Sephora member to try it out before you get it.
If you want another alternative that is a little cheaper ($20-25) There is the Fairydrops mascara, a Japanese brand, that is very good at holding curls and lengthening lashes. My pictures in the Fairydrops review look similar to the Dior mascara, but the Dior does a better job of separating eyelashes, less clumping, and better at keeping my lashes soft and fluffy.

So I hope that this review was helpful! Let me know if you have any questions or comments in the comment box below! Thank you for reading and I will hopefully see you soon! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment