Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Outfit of the Day!

Hi Everyone!

I'm back on the East Coast! Left LAX at 7pm, stopped in Dallas, Texas at 12am, left Texas at 6am, and arrived at my place at 10am. Yes, not a lot of sleep involved. =P

Happy New Year Everyone! Have fun and stay safe, don't want to see you in the hospital or as a case study in class. =P

This is what I wore today!



Navy Jacket: Hollister
Gray turtleneck: Express
Maroon cami: Forever 21
Red skirt: street market in Taiwan
Tool skirt: COLZA (bought in Japan)
Gray tights: Uniqlo
Long knee-high black socks: Uniqlo Heattech
Boots: Yesstyle

So, the turtleneck is a little short for me. I have a long torso and uh, my mom put it in the washer and dryer which made it shrink a little =P. So that's why I wore that maroon cami, to layer and keep me warmer as well as not show my tummy. But I love the high collar of the sweater (or jumper if you are from the UK) and the bell sleeves. I think it gives a sort of soft and romantic look to the outfit.

Yes I am wearing 2 skirts, no it doesn't feel uncomfortable to me. The tool skirt has a looser elastic band, it was probably made to be layered, like a petticoat. The tool is not cheap, it's decently soft and there's a layer of cloth on the innermost layer which keeps it from being itchy or scratchy. Also, 2 skirts in 40F weather makes it warmer for me. =P
If you don't like wearing layers of skirts, there are skirts with lace or tool just hemmed to the edge of the skirt, that's a very common thing in Asia.
I feel that a layered look with skirts (or fake layering with hemming) gives a plain skirt more style and looks more fun and cute!

The long black socks, fell a little so you can't see them well. But they just barely go over my knee. They are also too big for me in the foot size (even though it's a one size) so it's a good sock to layer over tights or a more fitted pair of long socks. But they are very soft and good for layering.

The boots are of cheap material and if you are a person with larger calves I don't recommend them. These fit my calves but are too big for my foot, about a half or maybe even one size too big. Luckily since it is winter, I wear layers of socks and/or tights so it fits better. But still it is on the loose side and doesn't give my ankles much support which causes ankle pain after walking a lot.

So I hope you guys have been having a good holiday break! For those of you who attend school, enjoy the rest of your break! I hope that this was a fun post to look at. =D Feel free to comment or ask questions in the comment box below!
Thank you for reading and I will see you next year! Happy New Year! =)

P.S. Yes, I got bangs. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment