Saturday, December 13, 2014

Review on Origins Clear Improvement Active charcoal mask =D

Hi Everyone!

Today I am reviewing the ORIGINS Clear Improvement Active charcoal mask
I do not own this image, credits and thank you to "herworldplus"
The full size product costs $25 and contains 3.4 fluid oz or 100mL of product. The travel size product costs $17 and contains 1.7 fluid oz. or 50mL of product.

What do I think of this product?
I first bought the full size product and have been using it for 2 months for about once a week and I love this mask. Hands down, the most effective mask I have ever used!
I was looking for a mask that when it dried would not make my face feel like I dumped it into a bucket of ice, because now it is winter and it is getting cold, highs in the 40s and lows in the 30s, definitely not as warm as California.
I heard this had good reviews and tried it out. And wow, it works really well. First, it did not irritate or redden my sensitive skin. A little goes a long way. It comes out with a sort of sticky and glue-like texture, and I just need to spread a thin amount all over my face. (Unlike previous masks that I used that I needed to put a thicker layer on my face, which used a lot more product). The more product you put, the longer it takes to dry, so for me, it takes about 30 minutes for everything to dry. It goes from a shiny black color to a matte dark gray color and then I wash it off. I would like to say, it is a little difficult to wash off, so if you don't like taking a lot of time over the sink, probably do this before you shower, and then wash it off in the shower. It will dry and harden, which probably means you shouldn't be eating, talking, or laughing when wearing this. =P
It is very good at shrinking my pores, amazingly good! My pores look non-existent after use! It is pretty good at clearing my blackheads and white heads. Not as good as I had hoped, but still pretty good. =) I mainly bought this to shrink my pores, and I am very happy with that result!
I recently bought the travel size to take with me when I go back to California for winter break! And then I might leave it there till when I come back or give it to my mom (since I have my full size here).
The price did bother me initially, not that I doubt Origins products, I have used some before and benefited well from them. It's just that I don't like to spend more if I can. =P But, this was definitely worth it for me, and I will continue to use this until I either find something better or that works just as well but cheaper. XP
 I was so impressed, honestly, I usually don't expect much from products that say they shrink pores, because most of the time, the effect is not very significant, or long lasting. But I have found the effects of this product to be decently long lasting!
As for my acne, it helps cool down and shrink inflamed bumps and pimples. I would not advise you to put this on broken skin, scratched skin, or popped pimples. Charcoal is a strong absorptive product and if it takes out all the moisture from the inside (or underneath your skin) when you have damaged skin, I don't think the outcome would be good. Most likely what will happen is that it takes all the water out of your cells, essentially drying them out and killing them, and now you are more likely to get scarring and scarred tissue. So, yeah, I don't advise putting this on broken skin. =P

Do I recommend this product?
If the price is okay with you, I highly recommend this product. Especially if you are looking for something to help clear your blackheads and whiteheads and shrink the size of your pores!
If you are not sure, then try the travel size, especially if you don't use masks that often, perhaps the travel size would work better for you, since you don't need to apply a lot of product,a thin layer on the face is all you need.

I hope that you enjoyed this review and that it was helpful! Let me know if you have any questions or comments in the comment box below! Thank you for reading and I will see you later! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment