Thursday, December 18, 2014

Review on "The Body Shop" Vitamin E Moisture Cream

Hi Everyone!

I'm almost done with school! Finished an exam this morning and last day of class is tomorrow! Then I'll be flying back home for the break!

Today I am reviewing "The Body Shop" Vitamin E Moisture Cream
This product cost $17 and contains 50mL or 1.7 fluid oz of product. It is said to be a fast absorbing yet moisturizing day cream to keep skin hydrated.

What do I think of this product?
So, this product did not react well with my skin at all. First, it has a pretty strong rose fragrance. I usually don't like fragrances, especially in creams and moisturizers, and I also am not that fond of rose fragrances.
This product also burned and stung my sensitive skin around my mouth, nose, and eyes. >.<
Especially after I exfoliated, it would irritate my skin a lot more, and the burning sensation would be stronger.
It is true that is it is lightweight for a Vitamin E cream, it absorbs quickly, and kept my skin well moisturized. (Vitamin E is a fat-based vitamin, which means in order to make it dissolve into a product, it needs to be bound to a fat molecule, which can tend to make products, heavy and sticky)

So I stopped using it (after using it for 2 weeks), took a 1 week break, and decided to try it again. Surprisingly, the irritation was less, less stinging and burning sensations. However, it still hurt if I used this after exfoliating my skin. Also, I'm not sure if it's because it is getting colder and dryer, but it doesn't keep all of my face well moisturized. The dryer patches around my mouth began to show halfway through the day =/

The only good think I can say about this, is that it does not irritate the skin on my neck and keeps it well moisturized. So, I guess I will be using this for my neck only. Which is probably not a bad idea, since it's cold and windy now, and I wear a lot of turtle-neck tops and/or scarves, and this prevents my clothes and scarves from getting sticky and heavy creams on them.

Other than that, this was kind of a disappointment, sadly. I usually like a lot of "The Body Shop" products, but I guess this didn't work for me. Even when the product decreased in irritation, I would rather be cautious and not use it. When you feel pain, I think your body is trying to tell you something, that something is damaging it, so I'll listen to my body. =P

Do I recommend this product?
If you do not have sensitive skin and you are looking for a lightweight moisturizer, I think this is a good product to try. I don't recommend it because of my negative experience, however, everyone's skin type is different, so it's up to you. =P
This might be better for those who have non-sensitive oily skin, if they want something to maintain hydration and moisturization, but doesn't want to use creams that are too heavy and sticky, which might make their skin oilier.

So I hope that this review was helpful for you! Let me know if you have any questions or comments in the comment box below! Thanks for reading!
Have a great winter break, stay safe, warm, and healthy =)

No comments:

Post a Comment