Friday, October 18, 2013

Products I Regret Buying....=(

Hi Everyone!
I hope your week went well. =) In southern California, the afternoons have been hot! But the mornings and evenings get pretty chilly, so don't be fooled and stay warm in the cold hours! (so you won't get sick, b/c I know a lot of people are)

I'm sorry for not posting as often. I am on my last quarter of classes and it has been a while since I have taken a full load of classes, with two hospital shifts a week, and my lab job. =P

Today I am reviewing a few products that I regret buying. =( Sadly.

Please keep in mind that these are products that did not work well for me, they may fair better with other people, but these are just my personal thoughts. =)


Almay Oil Free gentle eye makeup remover pads
I am so glad that I decided to buy the mini travel-size version of these because this product hurts my eyes! The product did remove my makeup but the solution made my eyes sting and burn. X(
I will not repurchase this product and I don't want to try any more Almay makeup removing products.

BH Custom Cosmetic Palette

A very long time ago, Hollyannaree (from Youtube) did an eyeshadow look that I really liked and she used a BH cosmetic palette. I really liked the look so I bought the exact same eyeshadows with a custom palette.

The palette contains 6 eyeshadows(bought individually):
Cool Matte BHCM15: a light matte turquoise
Cool Shimmer BHCS08: a very shimmery purple
Metallic Shimmer BHMS03: a very shimmery gunmetal gray
Cool Matte BHCM13: a matte teal
Cool Matte BHCM16: a light-medium matte purple
Metallic Matte BHMM03: a very dark matte gray

Despite the low and very affordable price, I do not think these are well pigmented eyeshadows. The product is on the powdery/chalky side and the colors are not very pigmented. They look very washed out and it is difficult to build up pigmentation. Maybe they are good for overall washes of color, but some of them are very bright colors, which I would not consider using as an overall lid color.
However, the palette itself I think works well. It is small, light, portable, and decently sturdy. The eyeshadow pots fit in it well and they are magnetic. I have not dropped it yet (and I don't plan to) so I can't tell how "fall-proof it is". But I do like it and it comes with a mirror which is handy. The only problem with the palette is that when I take the pots out, I tend to get eyeshadow on my fingers or under my nails. I do try to be careful and slow, but it still happens. I'm not sure if it is the design of the grooves or I just suck at taking out magnetic eyeshadow pots. =P
So, the eyeshadows I have with the palette are not good and I am hesitant to buy other eyeshadows from BH cosmetics for this palette, due to my previous bad experience with them. =(

NYX eyeshadow base in Pearl
I have bought and tried this product twice. I really like the light shimmery finish of the base/primer. However, the base does not work well for me. I have pretty oily eyelids and after using this eyeshadow primer, my eyeshadow will still crease after 2-3 hours of wear.
So, this product did not work for me. Perhaps if your eyelids are drier and less oily than mine, they will work well. But I will not be repurchasing this product again.


Innisfree Creamy Dual Eyeshadow stick in Peach & Gold
Innisfree is a well known and popular Korean makeup brand. I bought this on Yesstyle for $15 I believe.
So I really wanted to love this product. I was excited to try an Innisfree product and I thought that this dual cream shadow stick would be handy for me to use when traveling or in my purse (on the go).
The design and packaging is very well done. The packaging is pretty with directions on how to apply onto the eyes, but it is in Korean so I can't read it . =P The eyeshadow stick is slim and has a clean look. It has some weight to it and the caps are the push and pull kind, but they are not too loose or too tight, just right.
The colors are beautiful. A soft shimmery gold shadow and peach shadow.
The cream shadows are very soft and creamy. They are easy to swatch on my hand, but take more effort on my eyes. I usually don't like to use a lot of pressure on my eyes, so I ended up applying the cream onto my fingers and using my fingers to apply the eyeshadows onto my eyes.
The problem about this eyeshadow for me is that it creases very easy. Even after swatching it onto my hand and letting it dry, it does not dry and is very easy to smear. Because I have oily eyelids, this product creases very easily within a couple hours and is not very long lasting. Unlike my Maybelline 24hr cream shadows, they do not dry, and will not dry.
So sadly, this eyeshadow cream stick does not work for me. I really wanted to like this and use this product a lot, but the creasing looks very bad. =(

So, these were the products that I regret buying, and probably could have saved some money ='(.
However, I hope that these reviews were helpful to you in your buying choices.
Thank you for reading and I will see you later!
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment