Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Review on Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hour Cream Eyeshadow in "Too Cool"

Hi Everyone!

Zomg, I had a lab report due yesterday and an immunology quiz today! Can you believe, it is the end of February?! I am so excited for spring, the weather has been getting so much sunnier and warmer in SD and I can't wait to wear shorts, skirts, and other cute stuff! XP

Today I am going to review on the Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hour Cream Eyeshadow
 in "Too Cool"

This product costs about $7-10 and can be bought online, at most drugstores (Walgreens, CVS, Ralphs, etc.), and at Ulta. It contains 0.14 oz or 4 grams of product.

What do I think about this product?
So after trying and reviewing the color tattoos: Bold Gold and Bad to the Bronze, I decided to buy another popular cream shadow called "Too Cool". I have read many good reviews on the formula and versatility of this product and was looking forward to using it as part of my daily makeup routine.
The color is a pearly shimmery white color. It is a very beautiful color that is great for highlighting or brightening up the eyes.
The formula is creamy, light and smooth. It is easy to apply and blend. With a thin layer all over the eye, it can brighten up the eyes and give a natural effect.
However, this cream shadow creases pretty easily for me. I have tried many times and I still get the same result of creasing soon after I apply this shadow. I get creasing about 3-4 hours after applying this product and this does not change no matter how little product I use or how well I blend it. When I do wear it, I must apply as little product as possible so to make my creasing less visible, therefore, I cannot build up on product or pigmentation.
My eyelids are pretty oily, which could be the reason why this product creases easily on me, however, I was expecting it not to crease because of my previous experience with the other 2 cream color tattoos I mentioned earlier. So I am a bit sad that this cream shadow did not work for me as well as Bold Gold and Bad to the Bronze, but it could also be because that formula does not stay on my eyelids that well.
Because this product creases so easily for me, I do not use it and I will probably give this product away to a friend. I could use it to highlight the inner corners of my eyes, but I already have my shimmery NYX jumbo eye pencils that work very well and are easier to use.

Here is a swatch of the color:

As you can see, it is a while pearly/shimmery color. Very pretty. It not very opaque but if you build up more layers, I'm sure you can make it more white/opaque. Just keep in mind that the more product you put on, the more likely it will crease!

Do I recommend this product?
Because this is a very popular product with many positive reviews I do recommend this product. It is definitely worth a shot and I am sure it works well on most people. It is a beautiful color that can be used alone, as an eyeshadow base, highlighting the inner corners of the eyes, or highlighting the ball of your eyelids for a brightening effect. And it is smooth and blends well. However, please keep in mind, if you do have oily eyelids, this product may not work as well for you and it could crease.

So I hope this review was helpful to you. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to write in the comment box below! Thank you for reading and I will talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment