Saturday, April 12, 2014

Review on It Cosmetics "Bye Bye Redness" Correcting Cream!

Hi Everyone!

I hope you are doing well!

Today I am reviewing It Cosmetics "Bye Bye Redness" Correcting Cream
This product can be found online or at Ulta for about $32. It contains 11mL or 0.37 oz.
It is said to neutralize and conceal redness and blemishes on the skin from rosacea, capillaries, spots, sun damage, etc. It is said to not crease or crack and is supposed to be infused with "anti-aging Peptides, Collagen, Colloidal Oatmeal, Hyaluronic Acid, Aloe and Avocado" (personally I don't believe that stuff). It is also said to blend easily and last all day.

What do I think of this product?
I generally consider my skin to be relatively problem free, but I do have redness on my cheeks, and around my nose and mouth which I would like to conceal for certain occasions.
I swatched this at my nearby Ulta and it looked really dark on my skin. I felt that it was too dark for me. However, I tried it on my dark circles and it appeared to blend well with my skin tone and looked fine. I also saw many positive reviews on the product so I bought it. It is a little pricy but I suppose it is cheaper than many high end correcting creams and foundations and in the end I believed it was worth it for me.
This product is smooth, creamy and very pigmented, a little goes a long way, and I really mean a little! I can dab my finger into this and it can cover up my entire face! It does not irritate my skin. I would say it is a light to medium coverage. It does not feel sticky or heavy and is buildable but if you overuse the product your face will look cakey. It dries to more of a powder finish so for those with dry skin I recommend to make sure your face is well moisturized before applying this product. I also recommend a light exfoliation the night before to make sure your skin is as smooth as possible to allow the product to stay on better.
I have used this with a beauty blender sponge and the results are great! It covers well and lasts almost the entire day, fades away a little at the end. However, I do find that it easily creases around the corners of my nose and my mouth without a primer. With a primer, I do not have creasing around the nose, but I still have creasing around my mouth and it does tend to get a little cakey around my nose near the end of the day. But on my cheeks they look beautiful! My face will get a little oily and shiny, but that doesn't really bother me, happens to me all the time and I just blot it away.
My favorite use for this product is actually on my under eyes for my dark circles! XP I really think this is a great under eye concealer! I tried It Cosmetics' concealers in stores but they were too heavy and sticky for me. However, this one is great for my dark circles! I just need to make sure to use as little as possible so it doesn't look cakey. The finish is beautiful, I don't need to add powder and it does not crease and lasts all day! I apply with my fingers but I blend it out with a small blending brush. Using my fingers to blend the product still works well, but leaves more of a cakey finish than a brush. I also don't need to use a primer underneath my eyes! It is quite long lasting =)
I have not tried using a brush to apply and blend it onto my face, but I think a damp sponge works best in distributing the thinnest layer of product and making sure your skin doesn't look too powdery when the product dries.

Note: I do not use concealers, foundations, BB creams, or any tinted cream on a daily basis. It is not my thing and I probably only do it for special occasions. Therefore, it takes me a long time to see how a product works for me. Because of my infrequent use, I cannot tell you if this product breaks me out or not. That's how little I use it, like maybe once a month. I do conceal my dark circles more often (maybe a few times a month) for certain occasions or if I stayed up way too late the night before, but that is it. Therefore, I will continue to update this post as I use this product to let you know of any changes or thoughts. (Also, when I even have one pimple on my skin, I refuse to use any sort of concealer or foundation to allow it to heal as quickly and easily as possible)

Do I recommend this product?
If you are looking for a way to cover up your redness, spots, blotches, and even out your complexion I recommend this product (if the price is okay with you)! It is great for concealing redness! Just make sure your face is well moisturized before hand so it won't make any dry patches show.

Thank you for reading this review! I hope that it was helpful =). Let me know if you have any questions or comments in the comment box below.

See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment