Saturday, December 14, 2013

Why I have not bought any of the Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow Palettes?

Hi Everyone =)

I hope you have been well. My flight is tomorrow so I'll just write this quick post on my thoughts of why I have not bought any of the Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow Palettes?

Note: I do not own any of the Naked palettes nor have I tried or swatched them. These are my thoughts based on reading and watching reviews and going into stores to look at the palettes.


The main reason for any of the 3 palettes is price. While I understand, comparing the price of each individual eye shadow (if it was sold separately) to the price of the palette as a whole saves money, $52 is still a lot of money. And I don't think that a good deal for a product disregards its price.
So yes, the main reason why I don't buy any of the 3 palettes is that I find them too expensive.

Naked Original
I would have bought this when it first came out for $40, but I was hoping that it would go down in price. Instead it went up and stayed up...=(
This one is my favorite out of all of the Naked Palettes BUT there are a few reasons why I have not bought it:
1) Horrible packaging! The Naked 2 and 3 both have nice metal packaging that protects it well and makes the container long lasting. The Naked Original is still in its crappy easily dented paper-lined packaging which easily gets damaged. I have seen many Naked Original palettes get scrapes, smudges (because of the soft cover), with the paper lining peeling back over a lot of time and use.
2) Those 2 blue colors, I would never ever use, so it would be a waste of money and space.
3) While I love all the neutral colors, I already own many similar ones as single eyeshadows or as parts of other palettes, so there is really no need to buy more of the same or similar eyeshadows.

Naked 2
1) Not as wearable for day looks as the Naked Original. It is more of a darker, night-out look for more dramatic looks. I don't go out often at night and so I would not use these colors a lot.
2) Again, I already have many similar colors.

Naked 3
Of the three palettes, this is the one I would most consider buying because I do not own a lot of pink-toned or rose-colored eyeshadows. Many people say that this is too similar to the Naked Original, I don't think so. I find it very different. I really like how the pink-toned colors give a very warm and romantic feel to the eyeshadows. The colors are all feminine and sweet.
1) I am worried how it will look compared to my skin tone. Depending on how I use it and how much product I apply, this could make my eyes look red or swollen. I would need to go to the stores to try it before purchasing.
2) I have heard mixed reviews on the fallout and chalkiness of the eyeshadows, which makes me hesitant. Not because I don't like a lot of fallout and chalkiness (if the colors are beautiful enough I can deal with it), but because if I travel with it, I do not want the pressed eyeshadows to be cracking and crumbling, so that when I open the palette the powders are all messed up everywhere!

So, these are just my personal thoughts and reasons for why I have not purchased any of the Urban Decay Naked Palettes.
Perhaps if I was newer to makeup and I wanted just 1 good everyday neutral palette and nothing else, then I would consider the Naked Original. However, I know myself, I will continue to buy eyeshadows anyway =P.

On a side note, my dad always said that I could buy whatever I wanted as long as I used it. And used it, meaning, using it to its worth! If I used it enough that the price was worth it, then there was no problem in buying it no matter what the cost was.
Moral of the story: I am not telling you what to buy, it is up to you and hopefully to your own money. Just make sure it is something you really want and you will use often enough to find it worthwhile.
(A great tip when shopping, is that if something is out of your budget but you like it, ask them to hold it for you at the counter, continue shopping, and if you are still thinking about that product at the end of the day, and dearly so, then it is probably worthwhile to you to go back and purchase it)

I hope that my thoughts may have helped you in your decisions on the Naked palettes.

Thank you for reading! =)

Have a great winter break for the students! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment