Sunday, March 3, 2013

Review on "My Beauty Diary" Winter Brightening Mask!

Hi Everyone!

It's March! Spring is here! yay! =D

Today I am reviewing the "My Beauty Diary" 2-Step Winter Bright Pack Olive Leaf Mask!
This product costs about $15-17. You can buy this online at Sasa or possibly at Amazon. Because I bought this 3 months ago, I forgot where I got it...Sorry X(. But the "My Beauty Diary" store or Maneki Neko stores in Los Angeles will probably have it.
This set of masks contains 8 masks paired with 8 moisturizing gels.
It is said to moisturize, brighten, and rejuvenate the skin from water loss.
Directions:
1) unfold mask and fit it onto your face
2) let it rest on your face for 20-30 min.
3) remove the mask and massage any remaining serum with your fingertips until it is absorbed
4) apply Shea Butter Creamy Gel onto face and don't rinse off

What do I think of this product?
I have used this serum and moisturizer set once a week for two months. The Olive Leaf Mask is a paper mask packed with serum. As with all "My Beauty Diary" masks they are durable, don't tear, and have a lot of product. The scent reminds me more of green tea than olives...don't know why haha =P. But the smell is not strong or sharp, and does not irritate my eyes or nose. The mask and serum do not irritate or redden my sensitive skin.
The mask does a wonderful job of moisturizing my skin and I feel soothed and refreshed after using it. It definitely helps re-hydrate my face, especially when winter can be colder and drier. Also, it improves my complexion and makes my face brighter! =)
After the mask I apply a generous layer of the Shea Butter Creamy Gel. The gel does not irritate or redden my sensitive skin.
The gel may be a little sticky to some people. It is not too thick but it may feel a little heavy or sticky during application and can give an oily appearance. I personally don't mind this, because I use this winter bright pack at night before I go to bed. So, no one sees me haha. Besides, I like to use the most out of the gel and let my skin absorb it overnight when I am asleep!
The Shea Butter Creamy Gel does have that classic shea butter smell. If you like shea butter, then great! If you don't like it, hmm, well, you may not like how this smells XP. It did smell a little strong to me at first, but it was not sharp or unpleasant so I got used to it quickly.
Just keep in mind that this gel is a very intense moisturizer. Don't worry, it won't clog your pores or cause acne. I have never had that problem. It is just a strong emollient moisturizer and is great for the dry parts of my combination skin.

Do I recommend this product?
Yes! I recommend this mask pack! This is great if you have dry skin or if you skin tends to get dry in the winter. It worked fine for my combination sensitive skin, so I don't think that there will be problems for most people.
If you are wondering if this mask pack is only supposed to be used during winter or for winter, don't worry about it. This is just a mask pack with stronger moisturizing properties than most, so that when winter comes, the dry cold air tends to dry out the skin more than normal. This mask is a remedy to winter skin problems, but if you have very dry skin, you probably don't have to only use this in winter, whenever you want is fine I'm sure. =P

So I hope you enjoyed this review! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to write in the comment box below. =) Thank you for reading and I will see you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment