Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Review on Benefit "they're Real!" Mascara!

Hi everyone!

I could have sworn that I reviewed this product already because I have been using this for over 3 months and I was mentally working on this review post for a long time, but I was so surprised that I didn't review this for you guys yet! XD

Anyway, today I am reviewing on Benefit's "they're Real!" Mascara!

This product has a mini and a regular size. I bought the mini size a while ago just to try it out, but I don't remember the price I got it for =(, sorry.
The regular size costs $23 and contains 0.3 oz of product. The mini size contains 0.14 oz. or 4.0 grams of product.
You can buy this mascara online or in-stores at Sephora, Ulta, or Amazon.
This mascara is supposed to lengthen, volumize, lift, curl & separate your eyelashes. They say it is a long-wearing formula that won't smudge or dry out.

What do I think of this product?
The formula of this mascara is not too runny and not too thick and dry. I would say, the formula texture is in the middle. It also does not irritate my eyes.
So, I usually don't like mascaras, because I tend to blink a lot which causes smudging on my lower lashline at the end of the day, even if they are waterproof. However, I think this mascara does a pretty good job of not smudging too much. For most of the day I remain smudge-free! It's only at the end of the day when I do get a bit of smudging at the outer corners of my eyes, but that is manageable. It does not run down my eyes and does not flake.
But what I really like about this mascara is that it has a rubber wand, which has the ability to separate lashes during application. I really hate it when my lashes stick and get clumped together because of the mascara. Personally I think clumped lashes look really ugly and unnatural. The rubber wand does a beautiful job of coating all of lashes and separating them well in the processes.
This mascara does make my lashes longer and darker. However, I do no think it volumizes or curls my eyelashes much. Which I don't mind too much about since lengthening my lashes actually makes them visible for my short and sparse Asian eyelashes. haha =P The longer length really opens up my eyes and makes me look more awake! (and hopefully also to my professors in class lol)
Overall, I like this mascara. Smudging no matter how big or small will always bother me. I think it is because I have oily skin around my eyes, which makes it easier for mascara to smudge. Perhaps if I was wearing foundation with translucent powder under my eyes, or a face powder foundation, the powder would help prevent smudging on my lower lashline. Though, I have not tried this (because I do not wear foundation on a regular basis).

Do I recommend this product?
I do recommend this mascara if you are looking for a mascara that separates lashes and lengthens lashes well. But, as always, better to play safe and save money in one go! So, if you can get the mini version without too much trouble, I would try to go with that. Also, the mini version is quite cute and very portable!

So I hope you enjoyed this review! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to write in the comment box below! Thank you for reading. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment