Saturday, January 5, 2013

Review on Origins Zero Oil Pore Purifying Toner! =D

Hi Everyone!

I hope you all had a great winter break!
I can't believe that the holidays pass by so quickly! Class starts in a couple days for me! =O

So, today I am reviewing the "Origins" Zero Oil Pore Purifying Toner
This product can be found at an Origins store, online, and at Sephora. It costs $20 and contains 5 fluid oz. or 150 mL of product. It is supposed to get rid of excess oil without over drying the skin, clean and tighten pores and reduce breakouts.
It's main active ingredients are:
-Saw Palmetto: The extract of this berry provides antiseptic properties and controls excess oil.
-Salicylic Acid: Promotes the exfoliation of dead skin cells that would otherwise block pores and cause pimples. 
-Mint: Rejuvenates and purifies pores, and helps reduce blackheads and sweep away impurities.

What do I think of this product?
So, this was something I just wanted to try out. I still really like my "The Body Shop" Aloe Calming Toner. But I kind of wanted to try something new for fun.
I have used this toner for at least 2 months and I am about halfway done. It is expensive for a toner, costing about twice as much as the Aloe Calming Toner. Which can be a make or break for me.
However, this toner really refreshes my skin without drying out my skin. It does tighten my pores a bit, making them smaller. Which made me pretty happy. =) It does not irritate, dry out, or redden my sensitive skin or the dry combination areas of my skin.
Because it has salicylic acid, I only use this in the evening before going to bed because salicylic acid makes the skin sensitive to the sun and can cause hyperpigmentation of acne or acne scars. So, I do not know how well the oil controlling properties are during the day when you go out. =/
This definitely has helped prevent breakouts for me. Sometimes I will get very small breakouts it between my eyebrows and they have been significantly reduced after using this product!
It is a great toner, and it really does clean the rest of the dirt off my face and neck that my facial cleansers couldn't get. I put some drops in a cotton pad and wipe it over my face and neck. The cotton pad becomes a bit tan or gray colored after using it on my skin, showing how much dirt and dead skin was picked up! Sounds kind of gross, sorry, but it works well!

Do I recommend this toner?
If you do not mind the price, then I recommend this product!
You can try this to help reduce excess oil on your face but it definitely cleans your skin well, reduces acne break outs, and helps minimize pore size.
Because of the price, I will not buy this product again, sadly, but maybe in the future when I am making more money! Luckily my Aloe toner works very well, so I will stick with that for now. =)

So I hope you liked this review. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to write in the comment box below. Thank you for reading and I will see you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment