Monday, February 17, 2014

Review on E.L.F.'s Eyeshadow/Eyelid Primers =)

Hi Everyone!

I hope, for those of you who live in the US, that you all had a good 3 day weekend!

Today I am reviewing E.L.F.'s 3 Eyeshadow/Eyelid Primers
-E.L.F. Essential Eyelid Primer in Sheer
-E.L.F. Essential Eyelid Primer in Golden
-E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer in Sheer

Please note: I am a picky person. I need my makeup to last at least 10 hours, 7am-5pm, and look good throughout the day without any creasing, smudging, fading, etc.

E.L.F. Essential Eyelid Primer in Sheer
This primer cost $1 and contains 0.11 fluid oz of product. It can be found at the E.L.F. online website or at Target.

What do I think of this product?
Apparently this particular primer and color is the most popular of all of E.L.F.'s eyeshadow/eyelid primers. However, it did not work well for me. =(
A few hours after use, I could see my eyeshadow already creasing. By 2pm, my eyeshadow was heavily creased and pretty faded. It looked bad. =/
I was looking forward to liking this product based on all the reviews and raves, but it just worked poorly for me. Perhaps it did not last as long because I have pretty oily eyelids and given that it was $1, I suppose I should not expect much.

Do I recommend this product?
Because there are so many positive reviews, I do recommend this product to try. It is cheap and if it doesn't work, then hey, you only lost $1. Perhaps if your eyelids are not that oily, this product make work better for you.
I personally will not buy it again, and that's all.


E.L.F. Essential Eyelid Primer in Golden
This primer cost $1 and contains 0.11 fluid oz of product. It can be found at the E.L.F. online website.

What do I think of this product?
This primer has a very beautiful yellow golden color. It is a little more gold and shimmery than the picture above, and gives a slight shimmer to my eyelids before putting on eyeshadow.
I really like the golden shimmer in the primer, I think it helps give my eyes a warmer look.
This is my favorite of all the E.L.F. primers. It works very well for me. I had no creasing, fading, or smudging until around 6pm where there was some creasing but no fading or smudging! It even lasts longer than my "Too Faced" eyeshadow primer! Which is amazing, because now I don't have to go buy a $20 primer every year!
I love this primer, and I will continue to buy it!

Do I recommend this product?
I definitely recommend this product! Very affordable and worked great for me!

E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer in Sheer
This primer cost $3. It can be found at the E.L.F. online website.

What do I think of this product?
Another favorite of mine! Not as awesome as the Eyelid Primer in Golden, but very close. =)
I'm not sure if the mineral primer is supposed to work especially well for mineral eyeshadow or if it was made for mineral eyeshadow. But it worked well for all kinds of eyeshadow I used, so that doesn't matter to me. =P
It lasts about 10hrs until there is creasing, so hits my 7am-5pm mark, which means it lasts almost just as long as my "Too Faced" eyeshadow primer. Pretty darn good for $3 product vs $20!
Also when it starts to crease, there is no fade or smudging, just creasing at the end of the day.
I would definitely consider repurchasing it!

Do I recommend this product?
Yes, I recommend this product! Again, very affordable and works well! If you want to be very frugal then I say go with the cheaper ones I talked about earlier. There is not too much of a significant difference between the Eyelid Primer in Golden and the Mineral Primer.

So I hope that this review was helpful to you! Goes to show that inexpensive drugstore products can work just as well or even better than expensive name brand products. Great if you want to save money!
Feel free to write any questions or comments in the comment box below!
Thank you for reading and I will see you later! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment