Sunday, June 23, 2013

Review on Revlon Lip Butter Lip Sticks! =)

Hi Everyone!

Today I'm going to review the Revlon Lip Butter Lip Sticks!

These lipsticks cost about $7-$10 and can be found at any drugstore or at Ulta.
Note: Please be aware that the color of the lipstick when applied can be affected by how dark or light the color of your lips are, especially when the lip color is on the sheer side. For example: A light shade might look darker on you if you have naturally darker lips, etc.

The lip butters that I bought were:
-Juicy Papaya: a shiny coral-orange color
-Tutti Frutti: a shiny bright orange color
-Peach Parfait: a shimmery pink color

What do I think of this product?
In general, I do not like lipsticks, because I have a tendency to lick my lips, which can get rid of the color quickly. Also, lipsticks tend to dry my lips out and make them appear flaky, which looks bad. =P
However, this brand of lip butter has been popular for a while, so I decided to try a few.
Overall, I do like these lip butters. =)
They are all more on the sheer side. The colors may look strong but they go on with less intensity. I like this because they give a more natural color to my lips.
They are moisturizing to my lips, which is good! And also don't make my lips feel dry. They are also less likely to make my chapped lips stand out after application, unlike the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain.
However, they are not very long lasting, and I need to reapply after every meal. Reapplying doesn't really bother me, since I would like to use up my lipsticks before I buy new ones, I might as well finish these! XP If I apply too much product, it can make my lips feel a little sticky when I press my lips together. But other than that, I like these lip butters and enjoy using them everyday.

Juicy Papaya
So, yes, there is no nice photo for "Juicy Papaya" because I could not find a good picture that I felt represented the correct color. There will be my pictures down below though!
So I really like this lipstick probably because it is closest to my natural lip color. It is a soft coral-orange toned color that is great for everyday natural looks. It gives a shiny appearance but has no sparkles.
In pictures online, and one of my pictures, it looks very similar to "Tutti Frutti" BUT, don't be fooled! In good lighting there is a very apparent difference between the two colors!

Tutti Frutti
"Tutti Frutti" is a strong vivid orange lip color. It is great for younger women who want a pop of color but not something as mature and heavy as red. It gives some shine but is not shimmery. It may look similar to "Juicy Papaya" but it has a lot more orange color than "Juicy Papaya" and less pink.

Peach Parfait
"Peach Parfait" is a very girly shimmery pink color that is great for younger girls and women. As long as you don't over apply (and look like some slut), it can give a very cute and young look to one's lips. Great for those who love pink and shimmery things. A little too cute and girly for me, but goes well with a more girly and cute outfit when I'm in the mood for it. =P

Here are some pictures and swatches:


So here "Juicy Papaya" and "Tutti Frutti" look pretty similar, but if you look at the next picture...
Tada! See how different "Juicy Papaya" and "Tutti Frutti" look from each other? =D



Sorry I went kind of crazy on the swatches. I just wanted to make sure that you can see the colors as clearly as possible. You can see how much more shimmery "Peach Parfait" is compared to the other two. The last swatch picture is the colors away from the light.

Do I recommend this product?
These are affordable and easy to find lip colors that give light to medium color intensity. I think they are great everyday lip products. If you are looking for a more sheer color lip stick that gives some moisturization, then I recommend this product. Just keep in mind that it is not very long lasting, and you will need to reapply throughout the day.

I hope that this post was helpful to you! Feel free to ask me any questions or comments below in the comment box. Thank you for reading and I will see you soon! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment