Thursday, January 29, 2015

Outfit of...Yesterday =P

Hi guys!

I wore this yesterday, but was too busy to post it. Hope you like it!




Yes, I know the stairs look dirty. Sorry if it bothers you. They're just old, not as dirty as the look. 

Coat: Banana Republic
Scarf: gift
Dress shirt: Forever 21
Inner long sleeve top: Uniqulo Heattech
Skirt: Lowrys Farm (Japanese brand)
Belt: some street vendor in California
Tights: Uniqlo
Boots: Aldo

So I wore the belt because the skirt is a little loose around my waist and I was sitting and walking around and I didn't want to deal with constantly tucking my shirt it. That's a pain. =P
The belt does give me more shape and definition, but I think because I am already such a slim person, it makes my waist look a little too skinny.
I also think that without a belt, the outfit looks softer, and younger and so a little sweeter and kinder.

The boots are new! I love them so much! I have been looking for a pair of lace up tall Victorian style boots! These are not true Victorian style because I have a zipper, haha. But I think this makes my legs look so slim! Also great for gothic Halloween costumes =P. They were originally $160 and I got them for $80. They are a perfect fit for my calves and a little loose for my feet, because I have relatively large calves for my foot size (darn you sports), but the looseness doesn't cause any pain or walking problems.

The coat is a new favorite as well! It was originally around $200 but I got it for about $75! Post-Christmas shopping is the best! I think this coat is decently warm but still looks modern, professional, and slimming. I hate puffy coats and jackets, my cousin once told me he thought they looked like garbage bags and now I think of that everytime I see one. XP Sorry, it's stuck in my head now.

Currently it's around the 30s (in F) where I live and I have gotten pretty used to the cold. Especially my legs don't seem to care very much as long as I am warm up top! However, if you live in a colder place or get cold easily, perhaps you might want to layer up more with thick leggings or another inner layer, etc.

I know that this isn't some people's style but maybe you can get some good ideas out of this for yourself. Especially if you are young, be bold! Try new things! You never know whether it will look good or if you like it if you don't! I don't care what others think of me and I wear whatever I want. XD

Have a great rest of the week! Thanks for reading and I will see you later! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment