Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Review on Dolly Wink Eyeshadow Palette in 01 Brown ^_^

Hi Everyone!

I am finally not sick =)

To celebrate here is a review on the Dolly Wink Eyeshadow Palette in 01 Brown!

This product costs about $17-$24. It is sold online, or at Marukai, Mitsuwa, and Takashima.

What do I think of this product?
When this product first came out, it cost about $17. I really wanted to try the product but I felt it was too expensive at the time and I wanted to wait for the price to drop. However (like the urban decay palette), it got very popular and the price actually rose to about $23 and stayed there for a while. Made me sad =(.
But one day I saw it back to its old price and I took the opportunity to buy it!

There are 4 colors (left to right or a-d):
a: a shimmery warm copper
b: a shimmery pale yellow
c: a shimmery chestnut bronze brown
d: a soft shimmery cool dark brown

The palette is small and cute, great for traveling. I found the colors to be very good for everyday use and can be used for a day look to night look. The eyeshadows do not irritate or hurt my eyes in any way. All of the colors are well pigmented, soft, easily blendable and easy to build up. The eyeshadows also are amazingly long lasting and crease-resistant (when I wear an eyeshadow primer, which I always do). I was so surprised after wearing these eyeshadows from 8am till 6pm to find no creasing or fade at all! I am pretty used to a little creasing near the end of the day, but not this product! It stayed on well all day long! =D
I still think that this product is a little bit expensive, however, I found it to be a good investment because the quality of the eyeshadows are excellent!

Here are a few swatches of the eyeshadows:
I hope you did not mind that I did not label them this time. I thought that the colors themselves were pretty different and distinct enough to tell the difference.
For each picture starting from the top swatch to the bottom is "a" through "d".




Do I recommend this product?
If you don't mind the price and are looking for a high quality everyday eyeshadow palette, I definitely recommend this product. Especially if you are looking for a good everyday set of eyeshadow colors or do not own a lot of eyeshadows. It may be pricy but the quality is amazing! These brown shades also look beautiful with any eye color!
There are also 2 other palettes from the same line with different colors if you are interested.
Also, FYI, if you see a palette selling for more than $24, don't buy it. They are trying to cheat you and the standard price in Japan is about $23 US dollars. So please, don't get scammed.

So I hope that you liked this review! Feel free to ask any questions or comments in the comment box below! Thank you for reading and I will see you later! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment